Thursday, May 7, 2009

Boxers and Nut Pants

So, I realize this might be an embarrassing post for Taylor but I have to blog this . . .
A couple months ago my "little" boy informed me that he wanted to start wearing boxers. Um . . . okay . . . (me thinking isn't he a little young for that??) but since I couldn't think of any good reason why not, we went online (remember we live in Homer) and ordered some boxers. When that package arrived you would have thought it was Christmas--Taylor was so excited. So that answers the age old question, boxers or briefs?! Boxers.
Nut Pants is another story. Hockey players wear a lot of protective gear but Taylor was missing one piece of equipment. But once again, living in an area with limited resources. . . It was at a game in Kenai when Taylor came running up to me so excited he could hardly speak
"They have nut pants here, the right size!"
"Nut pants?" slow realization . . . "oh, nut pants. . . " um . . .
So I endured what could have been possibly more embarassing to the teenage boy working the hockey shop than for me, an event that should be shared by a father and son (where was Trace? he was in deep denial in the car) and Taylor became the VERY proud owner/wearing of a protective cup.
Now if only we could convince Tanner that the cup is not a face mask . . .
They grow up so fast.

No comments: