Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Chef Tanner


Someday I will need these pictures for a profile on The Food Network ! My little chef. Even before he could walk Tanner has always wanted to help me cook. Anytime I am cooking he is right there --dragging a chair over to the counter, pulling out pots and pans, getting cooking utensils etc. In the morning I can ask him if he wants eggs and he will get a frying pan out of the cupboard and try to get the eggs from the fridge. We then take turns stirring the eggs in a bowl. And the other day I had him carry a can of corn from the pantry to the kitchen. He set the can on the table the hurried to the drawer and fished around until he had the can opener. Unfortunately he doesn't understand that he is too little to be at the stove. So sometimes I let him stir his empty pot on a cold stove and he even gets to add a little salt and pepper. :) He is happy to be cooking.

No comments: