Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lets Go Fly A Kite

This weekend Trace and some of his friends have orgainized the first ever kite surfing festival in Homer Alaska. They planned it for solstice weekend -- kind of a "surf under the midnight sun" type of thing. Today they had a handful of people , kiters and wanna be kiters at various skill levels. Trace and Jimmy


Taylor and Tanner--Taylor had been at the beach with Trace all morning and I brought Tanner down after his nap. He was sooo happy to see his big brother and his dad.






I even took advantage of the free lessons. Its not as easy as it looks, but i finally got the hang of it.


I took a picture of myself.

3 comments:

Our son Kade said...

Cool! Looks like fun, you guys always have cool stuff going on! :)

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I don't know - I think if it was truly a "festival" they would have had like a shave ice kiosk set up or something !!>>??? hehehe

I'll look forward to going next year - it looks like lots of fun. I should get out of the house more. Kudos to Heather for giving it a try. YAY !! Love ya, Charlotte

Our son Kade said...

Hey Heather - we were talking about digital scrapbooking the other day, and my cousin just posted a long blog post about where she buys her kits, and where she gets the free stuff too. Her blog is linked on mine (Joanna, Cory, etc) or its http://babygabespage.blogspot.com Anyway, thought I'd pass that along! :)