Friday, August 1, 2008

Jumper


Tuesday afternoon, while mowing some weeds near the muddy section off the driveway something hopped out of the way of the mower. My first thought was that it was a huge grasshopper but when I looked closer I discovered a little frog. I caught it to show the boys and Taylor adopted it forever. Apparently he has always wanted a frog. :) He named it Jumper and we built a great habitat for it in a plastic container. We looked it up online and we think it is a wood frog, one of only 3 types of frogs found in Alaska. The other day we bought crickets for Jumper to eat and so far we are living happily ever after.Meet Jumper the Frog.



Taylor LOVES his little frog.

The best frog habitat ever!

4 comments:

Our son Kade said...

Nice! I've always wanted to catch a wood frog. Looks like a high tech froggy home, complete with water, rocks and plants- cool!

Wild Banks' said...

Awesome job! As a wood frog, might'nt he like some wood to sit upon? Aww.. I'm just jealous, Brett wants a dragon lizard instead- talk about stinky!

Angeline said...

ewww...slimy frogs for little boys...what fun.

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

We have wood frogs in our pond - they sing a lot in the spring. I think they hibernate in the frozen mud for most of the year. Also, the cranes like to eat them.

Looks like lots of fun. You are a cool mom ! ! ! Love, Charlotte