Sunday, July 13, 2008

In Memorium


Today is a day of memories of Dad.
Six years has eased the loss but he is still remembered and missed often.
Until we meet again. . .

4 comments:

Our son Kade said...

I so wanted to tell you on sunday that I remembered what the day was, but I'm never sure if its good to say something or not, so I didn't. I think about your dad a lot, he made such a difference in our lives, and he was such a great friend. I'm not sure what else to say except that I'm so glad we have the knowledge that we get to see people again someday. Love you - and thinking about you and your family this week.

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I wanted to just grab you up yesterday and hug you and Shannon and tell you how much we loved you and how much we loved your dad. He was such a special man. We were all blessed to have him teach us - I remember how many times he said this is Zion and we needed to work to make it so. We love you guys - Charlotte and Brian

Wild Banks' said...

You are a bum. I was doing really good all weekend, keeping busy and avoiding eye leakage. (Brett gets exasperated when I do that when he doesn't understand why- you know that feeling) I've been wanting to write something too, but didn't know if I could write and do the not leaking thing. Love you Heather. Now that you made me cry I can put up my stuff to Dad and not feel too bad.

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Good Heavens Tiff - you should give yourself some slack. My mom lost her dad when she was a teen-ager (in 1945) and she still crys every year on that day.

We all cried on Sunday - although, I admit, we did cry more after we saw you and Heather's posts, and he wasn't even our dad.

I think this year was worse because the anniversary came on a weekend. The other years, you can tell yourself, well, he didn't die on a Tuesday, so I can keep my emotions under control. But having it come on a weekend - and the weather was so similar - I don't know it was just very close this year.

We have to let ourselves mourn I think. It's healthier. LOVE YOU, Charlotte